November 2022 - Looping Coaster Contest!
A coaster type that is often used in scenarios is the looping coaster! It is a coaster type that is based on coasters that were designed by Schwarzkopf, and a lot of them can still be found in parks or traveling around to fairs. There are many different designs for these coasters: There's the well known shuttle loop model, where the trains get launched and travel forwards and backwards through a loop. There's also a Katapult model, where the trains travel backwards and forwards through a circular track with a loop in it. There's also models that look more like traditional coasters with a complete circuit, either with or without loops. Loops are typically the only inversions you will find on these coasters!
- Rule 1: You have to build a looping coaster! You have to use the RCT2 Looping Rollercoaster Trains!
- Rule 2: The only inversions you can use in this round are loops (Of any size)! You can also build your coaster without any inversions!
- Rule 3: The deadline for this contest will be on the 27th of November at 19:00 CET!
- Rule 4: For this contest, you are not allowed to use custom scenery or rides in your park, with the exception of custom recolorable versions of standard in-game scenery! You are also allowed to use a custom palette if you want. Please deselect all unused custom objects in the object selection before sending in the save file!
- Rule 5: For this round, the maximum map size will be 50 x 50 tiles!
- Rule 6: There is no limit to the amount of opened rides you can have in the park.
- Rule 7: Have fun!
Teaming up with someone is allowed! However, if you team up with someone, you cannot team up with that person again for the next 2 Ride Creation Contests! This way we don't see the same people together every time!
How to join
- Step 1: Join my Discord server. Discord is completely free! https://dkmp.wtf/discord
- Step 2: Build your map and decorate it!
- Step 3: When you are done with your contest entry, go on Discord, and send the save file to me in a Private Message. For the name of the save file, I want you to simply use the name that you use on Discord. For example, if your discord name is Begs, for the save file name, use Begs.park. After you have sent the save file to me, I will look if it follows the rules, and I will check for anything you can still improve. You can resubmit your entry until the deadline of the round, even if I have already accepted it. Please deselect all unused custom objects before sending in the save file!
- Step 4: Submit a story for others to read in the voting poll!
After the deadline has passed, I will put up a voting poll with all the entries. In this voting poll, everyone who is a member on my Discord, including you, will be able to rate all the other entries, and leave a short review.
When the voting period is over I will announce the results in a Youtube video!
Good luck, and have fun!
Click the following links for examples of Schwarzkopf coasters: