May 2023 - Dueling Coasters (Different types)
Dueling rides are always a great sight, and having a ride duel with another ride is a great way to add interaction and to make the ride experience more fun! This time however, I want everyone to make two rides duel that are of different types! You could for example think of a sitdown and an inverted coaster! Or a flying coaster and a laydown coaster!
You are allowed to team up with someone in this round! It doesn't matter if you teamed up with the same person in the previous round!
- Rule 1: You have to make a pair of dueling coasters where the trains are of different types! For example one train must be a stand-up coaster, and the other a sit-down coaster. Or one train can be a giga coaster and the other one a dive coaster. Or one train can be an inverted coaster while the other train is a sit-down coaster! Simply reversing one train is not enough!
- Rule 2: The trains have to leave from different stations which are synchronized with each other.
- Rule 3: The deadline for this contest will be on the 27th of May at 19:00 CEST!
- Rule 4: For this contest, you are not allowed to use custom scenery or rides in your park, with the exception of custom recolorable versions of standard in-game scenery! You are also allowed to use a custom palette if you want. Please deselect all unused custom objects in the object selection before sending in the save file!
- Rule 5: The maximum map size for this round is 2500 tiles. This number will be calculated by multiplying the size of the map edges. Black tiles will not be deducted from the total size. You could for example make a map that is 50 x 50 tiles, 25 x 100 tiles, or a map that is 40 x 62 tiles.
- Rule 6: There is no limit to the amount of opened rides you can have in the park.
- Rule 7: Have fun!
How to join
- Step 1: Join my Discord server. Discord is completely free! https://dkmp.wtf/discord
- Step 2: Build your map and decorate it!
- Step 3: When you are done with your contest entry, go on Discord, and send the save file to me in a Private Message. For the name of the save file, I want you to simply use the name that you use on Discord. For example, if your discord name is Your Mom, for the save file name, use Your Mom.park. After you have sent the save file to me, I will look if it follows the rules, and I will check for anything you can still improve. You can resubmit your entry until the deadline of the round, even if I have already accepted it. Please deselect all unused custom objects before sending in the save file!
- Step 4: Submit a story for others to read in the voting poll!
After the deadline has passed, I will put up a voting poll with all the entries. In this voting poll, everyone who is a member on my Discord, including you, will be able to rate all the other entries, and leave a short review.
When the voting period is over I will announce the results in a Youtube video!
Good luck, and have fun!