June 2022 - Pre-designed Coaster Improvement Contest
For this month's contest, we're going to do something completely different! Most coaster types come with one or more designs which are ready for you to be placed in the game. For this contest, I want everyone to take one of those designs and improve it!
You could take a ride and make it smoother, you could add inversions, you could add a transfer track, a beautiful station building.. You could even take a ride design and give it an RMC makeover! There's lots of things you could do to improve a ride! In the end the ride should at least resemble the original ride somewhat! Of course, you should also place your ride in a beautiful park! Make sure to give your ride some great surroundings in order to get a good score from all the people who will view your park!
- Rule 1: You have to build a coaster design that came with the game - and change it! You cannot use the u(xxxx) designs that came with some versions of RCT1, but all other pre-designed RCT1 and RCT2 coasters are allowed.
- Rule 2: You are allowed to change everything about the coaster, including the layout, vehicle type, color scheme, etc. but in the end, it should still be somewhat recognizable! When you submit the map, make sure to write which ride your design is based on!
- Rule 3: The deadline for this contest will be on the 26th of June at 19:00 CET!
- Rule 4: For this contest, you are not allowed to use custom scenery or rides in your park, with the exception of custom recolorable versions of standard in-game scenery! You are also allowed to use a custom palette if you want. Please deselect all unused custom objects in the object selection before sending in the save file!
- Rule 5: For this round, the maximum map size will be 60 x 60 tiles!
- Rule 6: There is no limit to the amount of opened rides you can have in the park.
- Rule 7: Have fun!
How to join
- Step 1: Join my Discord server. Discord is completely free! https://dkmp.wtf/discord
- Step 2: Build your map and decorate it!
- Step 3: When you are done with your contest entry, go on Discord, and send the save file to me in a Private Message. For the name of the save file, I want you to simply use the name that you use on Discord. For example, if your discord name is Electerik, for the save file name, use Electerik.park. After you have sent the save file to me, I will look if it follows the rules, and I will check for anything you can still improve. You can resubmit your entry until the deadline of the round, even if I have already accepted it. Please deselect all unused custom objects before sending in the save file!
- Step 4: Submit a story for others to read in the voting poll!
After the deadline has passed, I will put up a voting poll with all the entries. In this voting poll, everyone who is a member on my Discord, including you, will be able to rate all the other entries, and leave a short review.
When the voting period is over I will announce the results in a Youtube video!
Good luck, and have fun!