April 2022 - New Gen Vekoma Contest
April 2022 - New Generation Vekoma Contest!
Hey everyone, it's time for a new Ride Creation Contest! The patrons have once again chosen their favorite ride type!
There was actually a 4-way tie for four of the options! Therefore, I have decided that New Gen Vekoma is going to be the theme of next month!
For this month's contest, everyone will have to build a New generation Vekoma! Basically, it should be a coaster type made by Vekoma that doesn't use the arrow style track! (So not the compact inverted coaster or corkscrew coaster track) Vekoma have made many different new generation coaster lately, including flying coasters, sit-down coasters, launched coasters, family boomerangs and inverted coasters! The LIM launched coaster track is probably closest to what Vekoma uses on their newer coasters! On this website you can find all the coasters Vekoma has built, if you sort by date and look at the newer ones you can find some good examples of their newer generation coasters! Of course you can also always ask around in our discord!
- Rule 1: You have to build a newer generation Vekoma Coaster. Examples of New gen Vekoma rides can be found on their website or the aforementioned link.
- Rule 2: You cannot use the Corkscrew Coaster track or Compact Inverted Coaster track for your Vekoma coaster.
- Rule 3: The deadline for this contest will be on the 26th of April at 19:00 CET!
- Rule 4: For this contest, you are not allowed to use custom scenery or rides in your park, with the exception of custom recolorable versions of standard in-game scenery, and 1 custom train! You are also allowed to use a custom palette if you want. Please deselect all unused custom objects in the object selection before sending in the save file!
- Rule 5: For this round, the maximum map size will be 50 x 50 tiles.
- Rule 6: There is no limit to the amount of opened rides you can have in the park.
- Rule 7: Have fun!
How to join
- Step 1: Join my Discord server. Discord is completely free! https://dkmp.wtf/discord
- Step 2: Build your map and decorate it!
- Step 3: When you are done with your contest entry, go on Discord, and send the save file to me in a Private Message. For the name of the save file, I want you to simply use the name that you use on Discord. For example, if your discord name is BabyEmiel, for the save file name, use BabyEmiel.park. After you have sent the save file to me, I will look if it follows the rules, and I will check for anything you can still improve. You can resubmit your entry until the deadline of the round, even if I have already accepted it. Please deselect all unused custom objects before sending in the save file!
- Step 4: Submit a story for others to read in the voting poll!
After the deadline has passed, I will put up a voting poll with all the entries. In this voting poll, everyone who is a member on my Discord, including you, will be able to rate all the other entries, and leave a short review.
When the voting period is over I will announce the results in a Youtube video!
Good luck, and have fun!
List of Vekoma Coasters: