Mini Shoestring Contest 2
In the last few weeks, I've made a lot of shoestringing tutorials! It's been a long time since we did this in a mini contest, so we're going to do another shoestringing mini contest! For a shoestring ride, you could think of rides like Custom Ferris Wheels, Merry-Go-Rounds, Swing Rides, Starflyers, Condors, Launched Loops and much more! Since it's a mini contest, it all has to fit in a small footprint though!
- Rule 1: You must build a shoestring ride! The train must be split somehow, with both parts on a different part of the track!
- Rule 2: You can build any kind of ride that uses shoestringing, like ferris wheels, drop towers, merry go rounds, swinging ships, but also coasters!
- Rule 3: The deadline for this contest will be on the 23rd of November at 19:00 CET!
- Rule 4: For this contest, you are not allowed to use custom scenery or rides in your park, with the exception of custom recolorable versions of standard in-game scenery! You are also allowed to use a custom palette if you want. Deselect all unused custom objects in the object selection before sending in the save file!
- Rule 5: You can use any map size! (but I suggest keeping it small)
- Rule 6: Other than your shoestring ride, you are not allowed to have other opened rides! You are allowed to have other rides that are closed or in test mode. You are also allowed to have opened shops and stalls!
- Rule 7: Have fun!
For this contest, the shoestring ride and the overall map will both get a separate rating, which are then combined to give an overall score!
How to join
- Step 1: Join my Discord server. Discord is completely free! https://dkmp.wtf/discord
- Step 2: Build your map and decorate it!
- Step 3: When you are done with your contest entry, go on Discord, and send the save file to me in a Private Message. For the name of the save file, I want you to simply use the name that you use on Discord. For example, if your discord name is Blackadder, for the save file name, use Blackadder.park. After you have sent the save file to me, I will look if it follows the rules, and I will check for anything you can still improve. You can resubmit your entry until the deadline of the round, even if I have already accepted it. Please deselect all unused custom objects before sending in the save file!
- Step 4: Submit a story for others to read in the voting poll!
After the deadline has passed, I will put up a voting poll with all the entries. In this voting poll, everyone who is a member on my Discord, including you, will be able to rate all the other entries, and leave a short review.
When the voting period is over I will announce the results in a Youtube video!
Good luck, and have fun!