Mini Battle Scene Contest
There are lots of things you can build in Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 that are not theme parks. In this mini contest, you are tasked with building such a thing! For this round, you will have to build a battle scene! A battle scene can be done in OpenRCT2 in many ways! You could think of a battle between space ships, a large fight between knights in a medieval era, a beach landing scene from WWII, a group of people fighting a giant monster, or the politics channel on a Discord server. You'll probably want to use lots of entertainers and of course explosions! The more explosions, the better!
- Rule 1: You have to build a battle scene in OpenRCT2! You can think of two armies fighting each other, an army fighting a monster, monsters fighting monsters, or something similar!
- Rule 2: I will interpret the theme 'battle scene' quite loosely, so get creative!
- Rule 3: The deadline for this contest will be on the 13th of August at 19:00 CEST!
- Rule 4: For this contest, you are not allowed to use custom scenery or rides in your park, with the exception of custom recolorable versions of standard in-game scenery! You are also allowed to use a custom palette if you want. Deselect all unused custom objects in the object selection before sending in the save file!
- Rule 5: The maximum map size for this round will be 1000 tiles! You are allowed to make rectangular maps using the in-game map size changing tool. To get the tile count, I will multiply the length of both map edges!
- Rule 6: You can have as many opened rides, shops and stalls as you want.
- Rule 7: Have fun!
How to join
- Step 1: Join my Discord server. Discord is completely free! https://dkmp.wtf/discord
- Step 2: Build your map and decorate it!
- Step 3: When you are done with your contest entry, go on Discord, and send the save file to me in a Private Message. For the name of the save file, I want you to simply use the name that you use on Discord. For example, if your discord name is Mulpje, for the save file name, use Mulpje.park. After you have sent the save file to me, I will look if it follows the rules, and I will check for anything you can still improve. You can resubmit your entry until the deadline of the round, even if I have already accepted it. Please deselect all unused custom objects before sending in the save file!
- Step 4: Submit a story for others to read in the voting poll!
After the deadline has passed, I will put up a voting poll with all the entries. In this voting poll, everyone who is a member on my Discord, including you, will be able to rate all the other entries, and leave a short review.
When the voting period is over I will announce the results in a Youtube video!
Good luck, and have fun!